Discover the best construction progress monitoring software to react faster to issues, speed up on-site communication and be sure your project is on...
5 Best Construction Daily Report Software Solutions for 2023
Looking for the best construction daily report software? This guide explores the top five software solutions on the market right now for daily reporting.
Looking for construction daily report software to help streamline your projects? There are so many options to choose from, and most will give you the basic ability to track equipment, labour, and daily site activities.
However, with building regulations becoming increasingly complex and timelines to completion getting tighter, 'regular' features simply don't cut it anymore. A high-value solution offering advanced features is what's needed to make a lasting impact on projects. Advanced construction daily report software solutions will have:
- Access to detailed insights and reporting for even large and complex projects.
- A centralised digital system that eliminates silos and paperwork.
- The ability to standardise repetitive workflows.
- Automated reporting.
- Real-time visibility across the project.
In this article, we share the top construction daily report software solutions and explore exactly what they offer so you can decide which one best fits your business.
Note: Sablono was built to fulfil the five factors above and so much more. You can read about it in detail below or schedule a demo if you want to see exactly how it can add value to your projects.
Sablono offers construction reporting and so much more. It creates a tightly connected job site with tools that provide granular visibility into even the most complex projects so it’s easy to understand exactly what is happening on-site.
Sablono works to create a golden thread in place to enhance collaboration and trust among project stakeholders. You get a complete digital audit trail to capture everything that takes place on the project - from the company executing the work, time of sign-off, who signed off, QA assessments, photos and more. The audit trail runs for decades to help project managers keep track of the thousands of activities that take place on a job site and also offers detailed historical project data that you can access at any time.
Here's a closer look at some of the key capabilities Sablono offers:
A single source of truth on projects
With Sablono, you can replace manual data collection and reporting methods with a centralised system that integrates all aspects of time, quality and costs within one system to seamlessly connect everyone and everything on-site. Easily spot flaws, identify opportunities and facilitate collaboration to deliver better outcomes.
A real-time understanding of your project
Sablono allows you to capture the status of each on-site activity in real-time through its intuitive Activity Tracker. Connect trades with the user-friendly Sablono mobile app and view daily happenings in finer detail for informed decision-making. Here's how it works:
- Create schematic overviews or upload any custom visual such as floor plans or façade elevations for a live visual representation of your project.
- Sablono will convert your drawings into automated Visual Trackers.
- Real-time progress and quality information are automatically visualised on your drawings using your custom colour schemes.
- Use your Visual Trackers and onsite dashboards to make project progress visual and transparent for everyone.
Capture even the most complex projects
While many solutions on the market only allow you to track a limited number of activities, with Sablono, you can access an unprecedented level of project detail. It allows you to view the hundreds of thousands of activities tracked on-site in one place, in just a few clicks so you can always understand how even the smallest changes impact your project as a whole. No matter what the scale of your construction project, Sablono breaks this down into manageable activities to simplify even then the most complex projects.
Easily create custom dashboards and reports.
Deep dive into your execution data. Use Sablono’s Reporting API to pull your data into a BI tool and create your own custom dashboards. Report progress from other systems by sending progress change events to Sablono’s Progress Change API. Sablono gives you an easy way to generate reports for progress, quality and costs, and allows you to standardise your upstream business reporting. Sablono’s automated and hassle-free reporting will you substantial time each week.
Integrated quality control and assurance provide the golden thread
Sablono brings a wealth of quality capabilities, covering sign-offs, ITPs, defects, hold-ups as well as the lead times for resolving defects and sign-offs. Thanks to the unique combination of progress and quality on one central platform, you're able to analyse the implications of defects and hold-ups instantly. It gives you insights into the root causes of quality issues so you can avoid making the same mistakes again. Here’s how it works:
- Attach QA checklists to your activities as part of your on-site workflow.
- Get trades to complete QA checklists including a compulsory questionnaire and the upload of any relevant images of the work carried out.
- Confirm or reject activities based on QA checklists results – add notes to specific activities or even add individual QA checklist items.
- Define and customise templates for QA checklists or construction issue types to standardise quality processes and reporting across the project and wider business.
Clear commercial insights for accurate reports
Establish a transparent project and cost reporting system with Sablono:
- Create cost packages, including the activities of your custom business processes.
- Assign a budget to all work packages and activities.
- Use Sablono’s real-time and collaborative progress database to understand the actual financial state of the project.
- Commercial dashboards automatically display the payment due to each subcontractor based on their reported progress.
- Review the commercial state of the project at key milestones (such as the end of each month) using Sablono’s progress audit trail.
Get the knowledge you need to plan for the future
Facing delays on a project? Reschedule and create a look-ahead plan for your activities while maintaining your baseline. The new look-ahead plan is automatically pushed to users' mobile devices, keeping everyone aligned with the changes. Clear project insights, analytics and look-ahead plans enable you to take key learnings from each project and apply them to the next one and unlock new levels of productivity. Create your dashboard using a data analytics tool and embed the KPIs onto Soblono. You can review the status of your project on the dashboards.
- A granular vision of workflow
- Captures up to 500K activities
- Scales flexibly
- Digital task management
- Digital audit trail
- A tightly connected supply chain
- Look-ahead plans
- Can embed custom dashboards
- User-friendly and intuitive
- Transforms project execution
- Helps boost margins
If these features sound like they could help you with your daily reporting, you can learn more and get pricing by booking a demo here.
2. BIM 360 from Autodesk
Autodesk BIM 360 is a popular option for project managers looking to track the daily progress of their projects, and for good reason. The cloud-based platform captures key information such as field management tasks, safety, and quality checklists and commissioning from construction workflows. This information can be customised to provide a visual representation of project data.
You can easily get a clear overview of your project, and quickly absorb trends and key information in a single place. You can also run reports from the workflow, and schedule and share them with team members. For example, if you wanted to run a report as a safety checklist, you can go to the respective module within the software (Field Management, in this case) and generate it.
You can even generate and schedule reports that list all issues related to the subcontractors and share the reports directly with them to improve accountability and the quick resolution of issues.
- A centralised view of daily project reports creates a single source of truth.
- Streamlines communication among team members.
- Automated scheduling is a huge time saver.
- Visibility into site activities allows teams to quickly identify areas of improvement.
- Managers can easily keep a tab on project performance, for example, checking the number of quality inspections taking place daily.
BIM 360 is a good construction daily report software, but it's not the most user-friendly solution. You'll need to invest time to understand the solution well. It also has a couple of functionality issues, such as not allowing you to search specifications or drawing texts to find words so this is also something to keep in mind.
3. Oracle Primavera
Oracle Primavera is a project management tool used in different industries, including construction, IT, manufacturing, and energy. Contractors typically use the software to develop the project schedule and add the labour and non-labour resources associated with each activity. This data is then used to create a planned resource usage table, and upon approval, acts as the baseline for project schedule and resource requirements.
The software captures data on the daily progress of projects and the resource hours spent. The captured information, however, is limited to the resource name, activity, number of hours worked, a description of the work, and any additional notes related to delays or disruptions.
This construction daily report software packs a number of useful features, including:
- Timelines (a Gantt chart to schedule tasks on a bar graph).
- Information dashboard to track project metrics.
- Calendar and activity view to see project tasks on a calendar layout.
- Scheduling alerts to know what's due.
- Real-time reporting gives access to data whenever you need it.
- Works as a web app and can be used on tablets and smartphones for anywhere, any time access.
- A single platform to execute and prioritise work.
- Provides detailed information around resource usage and performance variance.
Primavera is an expensive construction daily report software. Like BIM 360, it has a steep learning curve, It has a pretty complicated user interface which can be a bit intimidating, but with some dedication, this can be a really good construction daily report software solution.
Regular, detailed reporting is important to know where your project stands at any given moment. Buildertrend offer a daily log feature that allows you to keep track of personnel on site and hours worked, weather conditions, equipment and materials, delays or disruptions, and tasks completed. You can share the information with subcontractors and clients, so they're on the same page.
You can create to-dos for yourself, subcontractors, or team members, and set reminders for clients. Need to make changes on the job? Buildertrend is available as a mobile app. You can update logs onsite on your mobile phone or tablet, and notify stakeholders of changes to the schedule. You can schedule on the go on a shared calendar and put in ad-hoc events.
The construction daily report software offers storage for your files, photos, and documents. You can upload the photos and videos you take on the field from your mobile device straight into your projects.
The solution generates work-in-progress reports that reflect the status of a job and any updates to the timeline or other activities that you add. So, at any given point, everyone has accurate and up-to-date information to review and work with.
- Share professional-looking logs with shareholders
- Easily assign and remove users within the platform
- Add photos, videos, and files to projects for context and detail
- Automatically generate weather reports
- Track progress and update timelines on the go
- Use digital templates to save time
- Set reminders to and send notifications to stakeholders
- Use the activity notes feature to use points from previous discussions with customers and engage effectively during follow-ups
- User-friendly and easy to navigate
Buildertrend offers many of the basic features you'd want from a construction daily report software. However, it does require you to manually enter data, which can be difficult on busy days. Another issue reported is that users added after a project has commenced are unable to view the entire project timeline.
Raken is a construction management software that offers daily reports as a key capability. It includes several features including weather reports, work logs, notes, issues and concerns, daily surveys, and site safety observations. Using Raken, you can create daily reports purpose fitted to your business needs. You can also customise the interface of reports so that they always reflect your brand which is useful when sharing reports with external project stakeholders.
The reports generated in Raken allow you to track the daily work of subcontractors. Understand who did what and whether work has been completed. You can create custom segments by location, supervisor, shift, and more. You can also capture all this information in a standard format for all reports as Raken generates PDFs automatically, saving you time. You can download reports separately by each segment or combine them in one PDF.
Raken lets you create notes and comments, enter hours for workers, and allocate OT, RT, or DT. It automatically attaches the photos and videos you take at the construction site to daily reports which are displayed with the timestamp, and also sent to the dashboard in real-time. The construction daily report software even sends automatic notifications if a report is missing or if there's a safety issue at the site.
- Branded PDF reports in a cohesive format
- Time tracking
- Automatically attaches documents, photos, and videos to daily report
- Automatic reminders on project compliance issues
- Easy to use and intuitive
- Simple daily reporting
Raken is primarily a daily report and project tracking software, so while useful, if you need more features like budgeting, you'll need to look at comprehensive construction management software. However, this can make a good option if you are prepared to adopt other solutions alongside this to fill in the gaps.
The best construction daily report software: Conclusion
All the construction daily report software on our list provide insights into daily site activities and allow you to document and share insights. However, while all of these software solutions offer the essential daily reporting features, they do differ in terms of the level of detail they offer into workflows, analytics capabilities, and the amount of manual effort they require users to expend to track daily work.
If you’re looking for a simple, cost-effective construction daily report software solution that was created to scale in line with the complexity of your projects, Sablono is a great choice. Interested in learning more? You can schedule a demo to see if our solution is the right fit for your project’s needs.